Want to have an abundance mindset? Although it is definitely a process that may take time, it is also definitely possible to achieve it. In this post I’m going to give you tips on how to develop this special mentality so you can start believing and knowing that there is truly more than enough to go around for everyone!
What is an abundance mindset?
An abundance mindset is one where thoughts automatically go towards having more than enough and knowing there’s plenty to go around for everyone. The opposite of this, is having a scarcity mindset. One where the mind automatically leans towards fear based thoughts believing there’s never enough insert thing here such as money, time, opportunities, etc.
Why is this important?
I believe your mindset is important because it is the catalyst that determines your life’s outcomes. It all begins with your mind. When you think positive thoughts, you’ll get positive outcomes. Having an abundance mindset is important because life begins to feel easier when you develop this mentality. There truly is more than enough to go around.
Our human nature is to be abundant. Think about it, our most important basic necessity (the air we breathe) doesn’t run out. There is more than enough for everyone that this necessity doesn’t even cross our minds. Many of us even take it for granted. Another example in nature is receiving an abundance of food from planting one seed.
Living with a scarcity mindset is not fun. Unfortunately, many of us grew up with this mentality, especially if your parents immigrated to a new country with little or nothing. That was the case for me. My parents came to the United States with nothing, to pursue the “American Dream.” Growing up, I remember having limited resources and feeling like we didn’t have enough. With self-awareness and a lot of effort, I have consciously worked on changing my mentality to an abundance mindset and it has been a game changer.
How to develop an abundance mindset
1. One of the best ways to begin developing this mindset is to acknowledge and appreciate what you already have. Gratitude can truly change your life in a positive way. Taking the time to really notice what you already have and also appreciating it will help you get more of what you want.
Some examples of ways you can show gratitude are the following:
- Take a few deep breaths in gratitude for this new day
- Write a list of everything you’re grateful for including why
- Pause before you eat to appreciate the food nourishing your body
Gratitude is one of the simplest ways to begin reprogramming your mind to one of abundance. There is so much to be grateful for. Chances are, you already have more than hundreds of millions of people in the world. If you live in the United States, you have access to clean water, electricity, the internet (even if you have to use it in public places such as a free library), etc. Being grateful for everything we have helps us abstain from focusing on things we don’t have yet (a.k.a things we lack).
2. Another way to develop an abundance mindset is by convincing yourself that there is more than enough to go around. I know I know, you’re probably thinking, “well how in the world do I do that?”
Here’s a few ways to program your mind with new thoughts:
- Use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), also known as “EFT tapping.” YouTube is a great resource to find videos where you can follow along.
- Listen to abundance affirmations. It may be difficult to believe the affirmations are true at first, but with consistency and time, you should begin to feel a shift and start believing them. You could listen to loops as you fall asleep, drive or are doing stuff around the house
- Listen to guided meditations. I suggest doing this before bed with headphones on and an open mind 🙂
As I mentioned earlier, consistency is key. There are unlimited videos you can find on YouTube. I listed my favorite at the end of this post for your reference.
3. Another way to develop an abundance mindset is to read books not only about wealth and prosperity but also about the human mind. Understanding our human brain and the way it thinks can help you change your thoughts.
Some books I recommend related to this are the following:
- Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life and Achieve Prosperity by Lisa Nichols
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S Dweck
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- It’s Not About the Money by Bob Proctor
- Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams by Mike Dooley
Reading these types of books can give you additional tools to reprogram your mind. There are so many books to choose from. Once you begin searching, you’ll continue finding more 😉
4. Finally, another important way to develop an abundance mindset is to surround yourself with abundance thinking people. It is difficult to change your way of thinking if the people around you are constantly complaining and thinking of everything they lack. This might be the most difficult step but it is pretty important.
Everything is energy. If the people around you have a scarcity mindset and think resources are limited, chances are you’ll believe that too. So make the conscious effort to spend time with people who think the way you want to think. One way to do this today is by unfollowing or muting certain people on your social media pages. You can begin following people who are living abundantly too. You can also drastically reduce the news you consume.
Something to be aware of during this step is noticing if you feel triggered when interacting with people with an abundance mindset. Gently observe your triggers and work through them by journaling or talking to someone about them.
So there you have it. I just gave you some ways to begin developing an abundance mindset. As I mentioned in the beginning, this might take some time but it will be worth it. I hope you begin following these steps so that you can automatically believe that there is more than enough to go around for everyone in the world!
Let’s work together!
- If you’re really ready to create the life you want
- If you want to increase your happiness and feel more confident in who you are
- If you want to trust yourself more and live on purpose
I can help you! Schedule your clarity call to work with me HERE.