Affirmations can be the factor helping transform your life. They have been rising in popularity for a reason! In this post I’m going to share all about the power of affirmations so you can begin to implement them in your daily life.
What are they and why are they important?
Affirmations are positive phrases used intentionally to overcome negative thoughts or self-talk. They are used by thousands of people to accomplish goals, motivate themselves, become more positive, etc. Affirmations are a great way to reprogram your mind because with repetition, you’ll begin to feel a shift.
They are important because they are a simple and accessible way to create positive change in your life. Affirmations are super easy to use and are available at any time. There is no excuse to not use them. They are one of my favorite ways to develop a positive mindset or an abundance mindset. You have nothing to lose by trying them out.
Benefits of using affirmations
One of the most important benefits of using the power of positive affirmations is reprogramming your subconscious mind. Repetition is key here so practicing saying them regularly will bring the best results. Our brains are malleable and we have the ability to literally rewire it through neuroplasticity. When you repeat affirmations, you activate parts of your brain that cause it to form new connections allowing growth. So in other words, when you repeat a positive affirmation you send signals to your brain of that phrase that your brain eventually believes to be true.
Studies have shown that affirmations help decrease depression and low self-esteem. They can benefit our life if we choose to use them. There’s even many celebrities that use positive affirmations such as Jennifer Lopez, Oprah and Steve Harvey.
Where to start
The best way to begin using affirmations is by first and foremost, taking a few minutes to evaluate your current life. Without judgment, think about your life and then think of where you want to be. You can connect with your higher self for answers. Once you recognize the shifts you’d like to make, you can begin creating positive affirmations complementing those specific categories.
For example, if you’d like to improve your health, you can use the following:
- I am capable of getting healthier
- Today is the perfect day to make healthy choices
- I nourish my body with nutritious food and clean water
- Being healthy is my birthright
- I love my body and my body loves me
- Every day I’m getting healthier and stronger
Write down the positive affirmations that come to mind. You can always search for examples online for inspiration. You can also begin by listening to affirmations on Youtube.
A few tips when it comes to affirmations are:
- Use the present tense -your brain will begin to look for evidence so avoid using future tense phrases. Otherwise, your desires will always be out of reach
- Always use “I” statements -they’ll sound more powerful and plus, YOU are the powerful creator here
- Feel the power of the affirmations -at first it might feel silly saying them or they might feel untrue but the more you repeat them, the more you’ll begin believing them and see results
- Say them out loud for at least 5 minutes 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, night) -in front of the mirror is best
- Writing them out daily is also an option -it’s important to incorporate your feelings in this practice
- Record voice memos! -this is a new way I’ve been using affirmations lately. Listening to your own voice is powerful. This is an easy way to engrain the affirmations in your mind while you’re doing other tasks
- Listen to affirmations on Youtube -you will find all types of affirmations on there that you can listen to in the background while living your busy life.
Please note that it might feel really weird in the beginning especially if you’re completely new to this technique. My suggestion to you is to think of them as a practice. For example, practicing yoga requires consistency in order to feel results in your mind and body. Using affirmations is similar to that. It might feel uncomfortable at first, but with daily practice, you’ll literally rewire your brain to think in a positive way. It is possible!
Affirmations can truly be a game changer. I hope you learned all about the power of affirmations in this post and begin using them if you haven’t yet. The way I use them is by putting sticky notes with affirmations written on them around my house. I have some on my bathroom mirror that I look at first thing in the morning, on my workstation, and on my doors. I also have a letterboard I see every time I walk to my kitchen. Finally, I listen to voice memos of me saying my favorite affirmations while I walk my dog or do stuff around my house.
It can be so simple to incorporate them in your morning routine. I’d love to see your favorite affirmations so please tag me on your Instagram stories! I challenge you to post a sticky note with your favorite affirmation on your bathroom mirror so you start your day in a positive way.
Let’s work together!
- If you’re really ready to create the life you want
- If you want to increase your happiness and feel more confident in who you are
- If you want to trust yourself more and live on purpose
I can help you! Schedule your clarity call to work with me HERE!