In the Spirituality space, the term “higher self” will often come up. But do you know what that actually means? I know I’ve mentioned it in previous posts so I figured it’s important to explain once and for all what your higher self is. I’ll also give you ways to connect with yours starting today!
What is your higher self?
Your higher self is the most awaked, conscious and enlightened version of yourself. It has always been inside of you. You don’t need to search for it outside yourself. It is your pure consciousness free of ego or judgements. It is the part of you that’s closest to Source/God/whatever you believe in. Since it has always been a part of you, you can access it at any time.
Why is it important?
Your highest version is important because it has all the answers you seek. It is your “true” self so it is important to recognize or at least acknowledge its existence. Even if you choose not to acknowledge its existence, you can’t get away from it. You can’t detach from it. No matter what, it will never abandon you because it is you. It is the most loving part of you. It is the source that provides the answers and guidance we seek. At the end of the day, we truly don’t need anyone or anything outside of ourselves to feel complete. We were born complete.
Once you begin your journey towards self-discovery, you will most likely develop a closer relationship with your higher self. It is from this place where you gather internal knowings. It is important to connect with this “all knowing” version of you because in doing so, you will feel in alignment. What I mean by that, is that you’ll feel more at peace and your life will flow with a sense of harmony and joy. You will also be closer to reaching a life full of purpose and passion because you’ll be living from that place of alignment.
How to connect with it
Because of all the conditioning we experience during our lifetime, we tend to grow apart from our higher self. When we are born, we simply are. We are our purest selves because we don’t know anything different but as we grow, we begin to look to our outer world for guidance and answers. This causes us to make choices and do things that might not feel good inside but we choose them for external reasons such as fitting in with society for example.
Here are a few ways to connect with your higher self
- One of the best ways to connect with yourself is through stillness. This is also the simplest way.
- When you practice stillness, you have the ability to gain self-awareness because you are sitting in silence with no distractions.
- You can begin to observe your thoughts and with time, you’ll be able to let go of the ones that do not serve you.
- You will also begin to strengthen your intuition which will bring you closer to your highest version.
- Another way is to journal. You can set an intention to connect with your highest consciousness and free-write as I mentioned here. Let go of expectations before you ask the questions you desire answers for. Then write using your internal guidance and intuition.
- You can also use a guided meditation. This is different than using stillness because when using a guided meditation you are following the steps given during the meditation without much effort.
- Make sure you are in a safe space without distractions.
- I suggest using headphones to get the maximum results.
- As always, try this with an open mind and without expectations.
These are just a few methods you can use to connect with yourself. One of my favorite ways is by setting an intention before bed and using my dream state to provide answers for me. I like to write questions or intentions on a small journal on my nightstand with the trust that I will wake up with either the answers I seek or trust that I am now getting to a more receptive state that will get me there. I also like to hike or sit in nature without distractions when seeking inner guidance.
After reading this post I hope you recognized that your higher self is just what it sounds like. It is the most elevated version of yourself. With intention and self-awareness, you can begin connecting with yourself so that you can live a life that feels truly complete. I believe it is possible to reach elevated levels of awareness despite most likely not staying there forever. We are human after all, and our human experience is ever evolving with ups and downs.
You have all the answers within. So trust yourself and stay true to who you are. I’m sure you have felt nudges here and there when something “feels off.” This is your higher consciousness guiding you. Continue trusting your inner voice because it is just you guiding you!
Let’s work together!
- If you’re really ready to create the life you want
- If you want to increase your happiness and feel more confident in who you are
- If you want to trust yourself more and live on purpose
I can help you! Schedule your clarity call to work with me HERE.
Leave a Reply